Update

Posted by Crystal

Well the tornado did not get us last night but it sure sounded like it was going to! We ended up with a power outage and an extra little body in our bed. Shocking...

So I finished with my June Institute for teachers today. I finally feel like it's summer now (except for the crazy messed up weather!) I team taught the first day and attended a class today. So much information... so little brain cells left. The remaining ones went out the doors with the students I think.

I'm looking forward to my time as a "stay at home" mom. Something tells me my job just got harder...

Morgan and Madi are enjoying their time at Basketball and Volleyball camp this week. I love their stories about what they did. They actually enjoyed the volleyball portion more than the bball... didn't see that coming and was a bit surprised but glad that they are enjoying ANY sport at this stage.

DJ seems to be going through a growth spurt. Always hungry and yesterday afternoon he disappeared for a very long time. I got worried when I called around the house and outside but couldn't get a response. He was fast asleep in his bed. I didn't know it but BJ had sent him there for a timeout and he forgot about it (ever do that? oops) anyway, it didn't matter because he was exhausted and was snoring a soft little snore when we found him.

BJ is still working through this month. It's still nice to see him at lunch time though. We are celebrating 12 years at the end of this month. I've been very suspicious of him lately. He has been planning a getaway for us. He booked a 7 day Alaska Cruise and already had his parents set up to watch the kids. I know... I've got quite the man. BUT.... after careful consideration on my part and well...ok.... I just couldn't spend that much money for a trip and I had him cancel it. I know, what am I thinking?? I instantly felt stressed about the financial obligation and really, if we want to do this we can plan ahead right? We are WAY too spontaneous and this was right up our alley but $2,000 is $2,000 of our money. Wait a minute, it actually would be closer to $2500 when we paid it off so you see what I mean. On the other side of it, I didn't want to squash BJ and his wonderful romantic planning. I'm still torn! Oh well, we'll get away to somewhere nice. Any ideas on close (cheaper) getaways?

Here's a picture that has been inspiring me lately. I've been wanting to recreate things in our rec. room from this. So far only paint, slip covers for the sofas and chair rail has been done. I'm hoping to get pictures on the wall like the ones here. I love that look for some reason.




Let's hope the sun is on it's way!!!!!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 at Tuesday, June 10, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

11 comments

well it wasn't super cheap but Bonneville Hot Springs Resort was awesome for us...not too far a drive and you can do the spa treatment package for couples if you are into that sort of thing

June 10, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Oh man an Alaskan cruise would be so nice but I know how the money/concience thing goes. levenworth is very nice just kinda a whole other world.

June 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Tis the season for projects! :) Enjoy your first day of summer!

June 11, 2008 at 5:46 AM

Um...I dont think I would have been as self-controlled as you as far as the money goes.
But I too have a spontaneous part when it comes to travel.
Maybe we can save and we could go on that cruise together sometime. (with the men-folk of course).

Love that look for the pictures too!

June 11, 2008 at 8:35 AM
Anonymous  

Yeah so glad you are home for the summer!!!

June 11, 2008 at 12:31 PM

As hard as it is I would have done what you did on the trip. I would recommend a warm place but this weather has been very weird. Wherever you go I wish you a relaxing time. I love that chair and pictures on the wall. I would love to see it when you get it done! Have a great time with your kids this summer!

June 11, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Enjoy the time you have together as a family - I know you will!!

and I'm with Kristie - Bonneville was GREAT!!

June 11, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Yay for Summer! Hope it's great for your family!!

My fourth grade teacher has a very cute B&B. check it out here http://www.mthoodhamlet.com/

June 11, 2008 at 6:39 PM
Anonymous  

I love that too! We have those shelves and we made sepia pictures of all of our family and extended family to put on them. Then Scott's computer crashed and we lost them all. We've never recreated it all. This makes me want to try it again. Thanks. You should do this.

June 13, 2008 at 2:23 PM
Anonymous  

Crystal you are so creative that anything you put your mind to, you can accomplish it. I love that picture. It would look great in your rec room. Hope that you and the family have a great time at the beach for B.J.'s meeting. I send my love to all the family. Mom

June 17, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Money stinks! it stinks if you have it and it stinks if you dont! i hate the stress of it all! oh and i love that the girls are loving volley ball, if they need any extra help let me know! haha

June 18, 2008 at 5:11 PM

Post a Comment