Today...

Posted by Crystal


Today:


-felt 36 hours long

-had to be the hardest day of my teaching career

-was not a day for words, words, words


Today, I watched the power of a "team" in crisis
and felt so proud to call it my own


It was a day spent embracing students rather than teaching a lesson
and we just wept together

I begged for healing rain today for the grieving eyes I had to face
I begged for strength to face those eyes and this day period

This is a day that my Savior has made,
and honestly I am struggling to rejoice and be glad in it
But...

Today and all of my tomorrows-
I will trust in Him and His perfect plan


This entry was posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 at Friday, September 19, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 comments

Beautiful Crystal. I thought of you, Michelle Tiffany & so many others often yesterday and lifted you up in prayer!

It is so hard to rejoice and be glad in the midst of it all, but His plans are perfect and our "tomorrows" are in WONDERFUL hands!

May your weekend be surrounded with beautiful moments with your family!!

September 20, 2008 at 6:57 AM

I can not agree more! (come see what I am about to post... it was incredible to me)

Enjoy this refreshing rain today!
Breathe in...2...3..4
Breathe out...2...3...4

Love you.

September 20, 2008 at 7:36 AM

Thinking of you. And hugging my kids a little more today.

September 20, 2008 at 7:51 AM

Tears....I am praying for all of you.

Love to you!

September 21, 2008 at 10:03 PM

You can do all things with him who gives you strength! You are a blessing to those kids! i will keep praying for you all!

September 22, 2008 at 6:35 AM

Thank-you for being a wonderful blessing and support to my kid during this hard time. It gives me great comfort to know there is a Godly influence helping direct my child at school.

God bless you my amazing friend, for all your compassion, strength, and understanding.

September 22, 2008 at 8:09 AM
Anonymous  

I hope you have a peace filled week. Love you!

September 22, 2008 at 3:05 PM

I have his cousin in my class. Friday was a very sad day for him too. I prayed for all of you. I know you are all a blessing for those kids to hang on to at school. May God fill you and keep you.

September 22, 2008 at 9:19 PM

I pray this week is filled with peace and joyous blessings.

September 23, 2008 at 8:51 AM
Anonymous  

Here's to better days ahead. Praying for your family.

September 23, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Post a Comment