A note...

Posted by Crystal

After reading from Love Languages of Children, I figured that based on all the little love notes and messages my children give me that it's a pretty good indication that is how I can show love to them. So last week I wrote each of them a letter about how special they are. I taped it to their doors for them to find. They loved it so much that they are still taped to their door... and this is what I got today... taped to my door of course. Hope you can read it.

Made me smile and cry all at the same time!

Here's Madi cheering at the basketball game. Funny, 15 years ago I would have said, "My daughters will be cheered for, not a cheerleader!" Not that I had anything against cheerleaders, I just was so narrow minded that my offspring would be different and want to do different things than me! I mean, come on! But life has a way of removing your blinders that you place on your eyes. Just goes to show we can never put them in a "box"! And I know a few former cheerleaders (wink) that have helped me see how wrong my thinking really was.






And today as I was putting fresh sheets (right out of the dryer, mmmm) on my bed, I caught myself smiling as I was thinking about climbing into it tonight. Man it looks good to me, especially after shoving snow today! Doesn't it look comfy?


And last but not least, snow pictures from yesterday's blizzard. Praying for more tonight :)

This entry was posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 at Monday, January 28, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

14 comments

Anonymous  

Crystal,
Thank you for letting everyone else know what I have for almost 12years; You are a special treasure! You can take care of 3 great kids, do laundry and shovel the drive! What a woman I was blessed with!! You posts are a great glimpse into your heart. Keep it up baby because you make me smile!!

AML-

January 28, 2008 at 7:35 PM

What a cute note!
Your bed DOES look comfty! I love the black and white theme... and your bedroom is so neat!

January 28, 2008 at 8:09 PM

What a precious note. Your daughter is a very good little writer!

January 28, 2008 at 8:29 PM
Anonymous  

Oh' this was a great post!
I am loving reading all of your happy thoughts. What a sweet family you have, a sweet note from your little girl and a sweet comment from your husband. Perfect!
I also have that All My Love, All My Life sign. I have had it for quite awhile now, waiting to paint my bedroom and hang it up... Looks so nice in your room, adn makes me want to just go and hang it up, even if my room isn't painted! Thanks for sharing you happiness!

January 28, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Aw, what a sweet note from your precious daughter, and your hubby, too! So glad I've had to chance to get a glimpse into your heart as well. Looking forward to getting to know you even more!

January 28, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Well the Note from Morgan brought tears to my eyes and the comment from BJ made them fall. How blessed you are to have such a great God loving family. have a great day tomaorrow.

January 28, 2008 at 10:02 PM

never doubt that you are special and that your children know your love!

So blessed to call you my friend.

January 28, 2008 at 10:34 PM

I'm speechless & teary.

What a great note that I know you will treasure always and forever!

Blessings to you as you continue to raise precious, precious children!!

January 28, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Looks like you hit Morgans love language on the HEAD!

Your bed looks incredibly comfy!

Cheerleaders turn out all right, (clearing throat sound).

Bummer on the fact that it is 5:15 and we haven't had a call yet this morning, I guess I have to go get in the shower!! bummer.

January 29, 2008 at 5:12 AM

Cheerleaders are Tough!

January 29, 2008 at 12:45 PM

So very sweet! And I am thinking that book about the love languages sounds like one I will have to check out.

I am in awe at how tall your snowman is!

January 29, 2008 at 9:30 PM

How awesome! What a blessing you are in her life and what a blessing she has been to you! God knows what He is doing, doesn't He? I did some catching up on your blogs tonight...you are good at this thing! Keep it up! Love your smile lists!

January 30, 2008 at 7:18 PM

So Sweet! I haven't read this version, but did read it for couples. Loved it and learned alot.
Thanks for sharing!

January 31, 2008 at 1:46 AM

I love the note from Morgan that was cute. I think we all enjoyed the snow. Love to you this day.

January 31, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Post a Comment