Today my Dad had his first chemo and radiation treatments. He luckily gets to take the Chemo pill at home but goes to the Cancer Center for less than 5 minutes of radiation each day for 5 weeks. He and I actually mowed his pasture this morning before his appointment. It was one of those times that took me back to my childhood and being outside with my Dad. We were on different mowers and taking care of business. Every time I looked at him he had a smile on his face. Maybe it had something to do with the blanket of dirt I had all over me. I've never been more filthy in my life! DJ said "Even your kissing nook is black, Mommy!)
One other thing that has been pressing on me is my parents' financial situation with everything that is happening. For instance, the prescription for his Chemo pill is written for 42 pills and the pharmacist can only fill them 15 at a time because their $3000!!!! Luckily Mom asked about coverage from insurance and they'll take care of 80%... but STILL!!! Well today we found out that they have a second plan that will cover the remaining 20% and I think we all were cheering! The workof the Lord, I'm positive! Another reason to thank Him during this difficult time.
So this post was just an update for you. I know that many of you have kept my Dad in your prayers. I can't tell you how grateful I am for that! His heart seems softer to the Lord and I know God's greatness will show through. If you would keep praying for him in how his body responds to the treatment, how his heart responds to the Lord and strength for my Mom in all of her added stress and responsibilities, I'd so appreciate it!
10 comments
What great news! This is sure to be a connecting bonding time for your family. My prayers are that GOOD comes from this incredible difficult situation.
Thank you Lord!!!
I will continue to pray for you and all of your family.
God works in Amazing and Wonderful ways. Love to you and your family.
That is so great! We will contuniue to pray for him. And I am so glad you guys were able to spend some quality time together!
This is GREAT news!! I will be praying!
Tears! What a great time together! So glad you posted this, I was just thinking of you and wondering how he was... he (and all of you) will be in my prayers!
Thanks for the update, Crystal! I will continue praying! It is so great to hear all of the good news!
It is amazing how God can work out the details, isn't it?!? I will keep praying for him and your family!
You are so stong for your family! The Lord is so good! All we need to do is trust in him with all our strenght! I will continue to pray for you and your family!
We pray he finds out only God can do these things. Thanks for the update. We are happy for you and still praying. Thanks for the miracles, God! :)
Post a Comment
About Me
- Crystal
- -trying to live the right way, love His way and learn from mistakes along the way...