When is it going to hit me?

Posted by Crystal



My gosh I hope I'm not a babbling idiot the first day of school as I'm trekking back to my classroom after dropping off my KINDERGARTENER, 2ND GRADER AND 4TH GRADER!!! When did I get out the diaper bag stage? When did I ever stop buckling them into the car seat? When did that happen? I feel so sad and happy at the same time that I'm wondering what to feel? I LOVE the idea of taking my children to and from school with me, seeing those three faces during my work day, being there for their special assemblies and activities... I REALLY DO! But there is also a part of my heart that's aching right now. They are growing up before my eyes and I can't do anything about it! Will it all surface when I'm standing in front of 26 students introducing myself? or when I watch my heart walk into 3 different rooms and turn away to walk down that long hallway to my own classroom? Or maybe right now as I'm processing it all!!!!!!!!


I know one thing! I'm blessed to be their Momma and a teacher that works in their school.


Some fun with Lincoln Logs... you remember those? They had different ideas than a log cabin but their creation turned out cute!

This entry was posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 at Saturday, August 23, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

9 comments

It's definitely a mixed bag of happiness and sadness...watching my boys grow has been the greatest joy of my life but I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes thinking about all our babies headed off to yet another school year! One day sooner than we would all like to admit we will sit proudly (probably crying our eyes out) watching these little wonders graduate from high school!! Life does truly pass by in the blink of an eye!

August 23, 2008 at 3:49 PM
Anonymous  

It sounds like such a cliche to say that our kids grow up fast....but they do!!! Although my girls are not in elementary school yet, I see it already. I know it's crazy, but I even cried when Hope's umbilical cord fell off because I knew it meant time was passing. (..that and because of hormones I'm sure) With her, I realize that her "firsts" will be my "lasts" as a mommy. Waaahh!

August 23, 2008 at 4:14 PM
Anonymous  

How awesome that you work at their school!
And their creation is awesome!!!

August 23, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Oh I am so feeling the same right now. Tue. is comming way to soon. Love to you my friend!

August 23, 2008 at 7:31 PM

So great that you work right there with them all.

So cute DJ trying to peek over his backpack

August 23, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Enjoy these moments of growing & creativity, reading & writing, laughing and crying!! :)

Your children are blessed to have you there with them... I hope you all have a WONDERFUL year!

August 24, 2008 at 6:15 PM

It will be a great and exciting school year for all of us. Even though they are growing up too fast...just think of all the wonderful new memories that will be created.

I'm hoping to get into a routine now that school is about to start. We really need to get out for a walk soon.

August 24, 2008 at 9:05 PM

How special that they all get to be where you are!

August 25, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Wow! They have grown!
And you are lucky to be at their school!

GOod luck with the new year!

August 26, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Post a Comment