Posted by Crystal

Here's the top of my sweet, romantic Papa Smurf's head. He tried so hard to make it really really blue but with dark hair, it was almost impossible to get until we saw it in the sunshine!

I just have to say that I felt like royalty yesterday. Thank you to all who wished me a wonderful day, came by, sent cards, gifts, flowers...everything meant so much. I feel like God has gift wrapped all of you and sent you to me just when I needed you. What more could a gal ask for! And a special thank you to my man. BJ, your words meant so much to me. I am walking a princess' dream by your side. I love you S.M.

Here's another blessing in my life... Robyn has joined the blog world!!!! Please welcome her- she's already got a great start. Check out her pictures of the coast! Many of you might recognize her. She is an amazing woman of 5 children, quiet but hilarious and my official running partner. She is an inspiration to me and just like many of you were, she was placed into my life at His perfect timing. She also does a wonderful job taking care of DJ and getting my kids out the door to school.

A few weeks ago I had just finished getting ready in the morning and sat down to get my shoes on (so we could hopefully leave on time) when DJ comes and puts his arms around my neck for a hug and kiss. He looks up to me with the biggest smile on his face and says, "Mommy, you and Robyn are a lot alike." I said, "Oh yeah, why do you think that?" He says, "Yeah, you both are beautiful." That's my boy! He knows just what to say!

Welcome to the blog world Robyn! I'm so happy you're doing this! By the way, our run tonight was the longest I've ever ran without stopping! 5.8 miles! Yeah baby! (sad but true)

This entry was posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at Friday, February 22, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

So glad that you had the special day you deserve!

I was caught a little of guard by the blue hair when BJ stopped to film my birthday message!:) What a guy huh!!

Way to go on the run tonight! So impressed!

February 22, 2008 at 9:27 PM

You are beautiful! DJ is just honest~also a very good thing :)

Have a great weekend!!

February 22, 2008 at 9:41 PM

Glad you had a Happy Birthday! DJ is right, from the little I know of Robyn... you two are a lot alike. Glad you found each other. :-)

February 23, 2008 at 6:27 AM

So happy that your day was special. I want to start running and I am very impressed by how far you went. I would have dropped dead way before the 1/2 way mark.

February 23, 2008 at 9:52 AM

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!! Thank-you for....oh my, where do I start? Thank-you for all your kind words, for your idea's and help with getting my own blog going, for your encouragement and confidence in letting me take care of your kids (they are pretty awesome), for being a great running buddy, and for be a friend. I feel truly blessed. By the way, you were awesome on our run last night. I can't believe how far we went already and how good I feel today. So, are you ready for more? :)

February 23, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Glad you had a great day you deserve it, you are a great friend. I am amazed at how far you ran way to go.

February 23, 2008 at 6:43 PM

I love the blue hair!

Happy (belated)birthday, by the way!

February 25, 2008 at 9:03 PM
Anonymous  

Perfect hair!

February 26, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Post a Comment