What do you do without kids for a 3 day weekend?

Posted by Crystal

Well we had more than a few things in mind... but here's just a summarized version.

  • We dropped off the kids at BJ's parents on Sat. morning and had a nice visit with them. I think they were just as excited about their weekend as we were. Which makes it more pleasant to leave them :)
  • As we were driving home we passed Legends Casino (which we've done hundreds of times) and it dawned on me we have never been in there before. So feeling like we have no agenda for the day, we stop off to look around. We both put a $10 bill into a slot machine. Mine went crazy. Let's just say in a matter of 3 minutes I was at $75. You should have seen BJ's eyes all huge saying "Cash OUT"! So we left after about 10 minutes with some money in our pockets. I had about $70 and BJ had $.02 from the experience!
  • Shopping in the Tri-Cities was more fun than I expected. I now have an ipod Nano with the Nike chip for my shoe. Can't wait to start running with Lance Armstrong!
  • We came home late and rented some movies. Watched one that night. (It had Robin Williams in it so we laughed a lot!)
  • Woke up for early service on Sun. (I don't know why, because I've always wanted to sleep in and go to 2nd service because it's the kids that motivate us and they weren't there) BJ said he just liked the idea of getting started with the day. Ooooohh Kayyyyy...
  • After church we went for a walk together that was farther than our mailbox, Nice.
  • We snuggled and watched "The Ultimate Gift". This is a very good movie! It will make you feel good and you will cry too.
  • I had a good run with a friend (Kristie, you did awesome!) But I didn't have my chip or Nano up and running yet so Lance didn't come with us.
  • Home just in time to shower and head to our TobyFriends union! I'm hoping Shannon sends me some of the pictures from last night. It was soooooo much fun! Toby climbed over the seats, I got to shake his hand and help him climb into our row and he stood on Angela's and my seat to sing. What an experience. As I'm breathing on TobyMac and singing along with him, I suddenly became aware that the spot light was also on me and I don't think I'm singing the right words. So I stopped singing.
  • I'm sure BJ and Darrin will never be the same again :)
  • We're heading up today to pick up the 3 blessings in my life. I missed them like crazy and wanted to snuggle with them so badly a few times but I know it's good to take opportunities like this for both them and us. Thank you Fred and Grace! You mean so much to our children and to us!
  • One last thing. BJ got a call around 3 this morning that the alarm was going off at his school. He figured it was a penguin artwork that fell off the wall so he decided to go check it out by himself. I didn't have a good feeling and tried to stop him but that wasn't happenin'. He felt it was nothing since things fall down and set the alarm off all too often but I just didn't like the feeling I had about the whole thing. So I prayed from the moment he left until he called me. There was actually an intruder! While BJ was checking the doors he saw a man inside and then that man ducked down. Luckily BJ had Moon Security on the phone while doing this and they sent the police. Scary! I'm so glad he didn't surprise the guy and walk into the same place as him. God was listening. The guy was obviously looking for something inparticular because he was searching staff offices and he was on foot. So he didn't want computers or heavy items. He totally destroyed 3 doors too. He must have wanted it really bad!
  • I've spent time thanking Jesus for His protection and presence!
  • Feeling overwhelmed right now. What a weekend! I didn't touch the laundry or house work and this might be "catch up" day!

This entry was posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 at Monday, February 18, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 comments

Sounds like it was an exciting weekend! It sure was quiet at your house...:-) I am hoping that that was DJ's coat. It was in the midst of our very very messy back yard.

Enjoy your catch up time today!

February 18, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Thanks again Crystal!

So glad you had fun at the concert!

February 18, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Hey? I emailed you those pictures last night...I wonder where they went?
Angela did you get them?

February 18, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Sounds like a wonderful weekend :) The TM concert sounds so amazing!!

And, how scary about the school! I hope they catch that guy!!

February 18, 2008 at 1:32 PM
Anonymous  

Oh my we had such a great time last night!
I am so glad you guys had such a fun weekend and feel lucky that we were able to share in it with you!

February 18, 2008 at 2:43 PM

My heart is racing and I am thanking the Lord right now. We accedently left our garage door OPEN last night and the door to the house is never locked.(for those of you who don't know we live right by Rocky) It would have been so easy to get in to our house. The lord was looking out for us.

February 18, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Looks like so much fun! I told Angela i'm going to ask you guys next time I want to go to a concert.... I wanted to go so bad and couldnt find anyone to go with me!

I love Toby!!

February 18, 2008 at 4:08 PM
Anonymous  

yikes! How scarey!
So, did the cops catch the guy? What the heck did he want?
Oh' HOW SCAREY!
Glad you'r brave husband is safe and sound!

February 18, 2008 at 5:49 PM

Great weekend (aside from the intruder).
Great friends!!
Great food!!

Just all around great is what I'm thinking!! :)

February 18, 2008 at 9:03 PM
Anonymous  

Crystal

Just wanted to wish you, one more time, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY today. It was great visiting with the family and spending quality time with all of you. We love our baby girl. Mom & Dad

February 21, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Post a Comment